Local 002 has six geographically based chapters. The chapters elect the members of the Local 002 Council which is the governing body of the local. These elections happen every second year at the Chapter Annual General Meeting (AGM). Vacancies can be filled at other general meetings of the chapter.
The function of a Chapter is to:
- make recommendations with respect to collective bargaining policy to the Local Council;
- administer the Collective Agreement;
- provide for the educational and general welfare of its members;
- implement at an area level, Union programs and objectives; and
- to recruit new members to the Union.
Article 23 of the AUPE Constitution lays out the rules of operation for Chapters. Article 22 lays out the rules of operation for Locals with Chapters.