The Finance Committee assists the Local 002 Treasurer in the performance of his/her duties, including:
- Preparation of the Local’s annual budget;
- Reviewing auditor reports and making recommendations to ensure the Local is accountable to AUPE and the members;
- Reviewing Local 002 financial policies and making motions to Council if additions or updates are recommended;
- Scrutinizing, researching options and making recommendations on financial-related issues presented to the committee;
- Investigating ways to cut costs to ensure member funds are spent wisely.
View the committee's Terms of Reference.